Volume inputs should be auto-cropped to correct box size (suggestion)

Hi,

Currently, volume inputs are automatically resampled to match the input particle pixel size.

I think it would be very useful if volume inputs were subsequently automatically cropped to match the input particle box size in Å.

This would make it a lot easier when for example performing heterorefinement after re-extracting particles in a different box size (saving a lot of futzing about running individual volume tools jobs to crop inputs to the correct box size).

(allowing single volume tools jobs to apply the same operation to multiple inputs would also make this easier)

Cheers
Oli

1 Like

Hi @olibclarke
I have a starting model that was based on the extraction of particles of different box sizes (286A).
I want to use this model for heterorefinement, in a particle set that has a 252-box size. So I first resample the model to match the box size to 252 (using the volume tool). In your post, you said that the pixel size is automatically matched to the input particle stack so it should be OK for me to run heterorefinement without worrying about matching the pixel size.
Thank you
Man

Hi,

The pixel size is matched automatically (to take care of e.g. differences between volumes calculated from particles with different degrees of downsampling, but the same box size in Å - not pixels).

Different box sizes in Å are not taken care of automatically, so in this case you need to use Vol tools to first resample to the appropriate original pixel size (if downsampled), then crop to the match the new box size. Does that make sense?

1 Like

Thank you for this feedback.

1 Like