V4.4 Live issues with custom parameters

Hi,

I have recently been using Live in v4.4 and have encountered a couple of issues:

• I like the new approach to setting custom parameters for 2D and ab initio directly in Live - much better than the old way in 3.x! However, when I restart a job that has been run with custom parameters, the parameters revert to defaults, and when I edit custom parameters for a job that has already been run with custom parameters, the parameters also revert to defaults - I think they should be persistent.
  • If I try to restart a 2D job in “waiting” state with custom parameters, but do not alter the number of classes, it doesn’t use the custom parameters - it just continues streaming classification using the old parameters. Changing the number of classes forces it to restart from scratch.
  • If I add an exposure group mid way through a Live run (let’s say a different grid name, so different search pattern), 2D classification fails with an error (attached below). As it is not possible to edit an existing exposure group, it seems the only way to deal with this is to clear the session and start from scratch.

Cheers
Oli

Error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "cryosparc_master/cryosparc_compute/run.py", line 95, in cryosparc_master.cryosparc_compute.run.main
  File "cryosparc_master/cryosparc_compute/jobs/class2D/run_streaming.py", line 135, in cryosparc_master.cryosparc_compute.jobs.class2D.run_streaming.run_class_2D_streaming
  File "/krios2/leginon/cryosparc4/cryosparc4/cryosparc_worker/cryosparc_compute/jobs/rtp_workers/rtp_common.py", line 424, in dump_particles
    psets = [ import_particles_database_to_dataset(session_doc, exposure_doc, exposure_doc['picker_type'], proj_dir_abs) for exposure_doc in exposures ]
  File "/krios2/leginon/cryosparc4/cryosparc4/cryosparc_worker/cryosparc_compute/jobs/rtp_workers/rtp_common.py", line 424, in <listcomp>
    psets = [ import_particles_database_to_dataset(session_doc, exposure_doc, exposure_doc['picker_type'], proj_dir_abs) for exposure_doc in exposures ]
  File "/krios2/leginon/cryosparc4/cryosparc4/cryosparc_worker/cryosparc_compute/jobs/rtp_workers/rtp_common.py", line 266, in import_particles_database_to_dataset
    assert len(dset) == group_data['count'], "Dataset was the wrong length! Got %d expected %d, Exposure UID: %s" % (len(dset), group_data['count'], str(exposure_doc['uid']))
AssertionError: Dataset was the wrong length! Got 123 expected 129, Exposure UID: 3

Hi @olibclarke, thank you for a suggestions! We’ve made a note of these and aim to include them in a future release with several other Live-related improvements.

1 Like