Trying to combine particles contained within different cryosparc projects, with a subset of the same images at different pixel sizes

Hello,

Issue:

I apologize for a confusing situation I have found myself in, but if there is a way to perform what I want to do it would be really useful for me.

So here is the story: Several months ago I started working on a dataset of 10,000 images. Space was an issue on our workstation, so I ran motion correction using Relion on a separate cluster and binned the micrographs to 0.52A pixel size. I then imported the .mrc files from this MCorr job to our cryosparc workstation to save space and started working with the images from Patch CTF estimation. I was able to get a very nice map from ~70,000 particles from this dataset.

With such promising results, we decided to add an additional ~30,000 images to these 10,000 images (for a total of ~40,000) in the hope of increasing our resolution by increasing the number of good particles in our reconstruction. Unfortunately, in order to accomplish this, I had to delete the above 10,000 images from before at a 0.52A pixel size (again due to space constraints) and replace them with the same 10,000 and the additional 30,000 (40,000 total) at a new pixel size of 1.04A. I then went forward as before. This resulted in a map from ~130,000 particles which is not much better than the original map from the first run with ~70,000 particles.

So, with this in mind, we would like to combine the two particle sets, check for any duplicate particles, and see if by combining them we can improve the map/ figure how we might improve the map. However I do not know how to go about manipulating the .cs files and since the input image pixel sizes have changed (and the images are now no longer in my original project directory and are saved in a new project directory with a new path) I am not sure how to go about combining them. Is there a way to simply move particle coordinates, adjust their location change from 2X binning and a micrograph name/location change and extract them anew? Would that even be the right way to go about it? Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Environment:

Current cryoSPARC version: v3.1.0

CentOS 7

Standalone install

I apologize for my long winded question, hopefully it was clear. Please let me know if any additional info/clarification would be helpful. Thank you so much for all of your help getting cryosparc running on our workstations! Looking forward to hearing back from you. Thanks!

Joe