Topaz Train class 'NoneType'

I am trying to train topaz and my inputs are a small subset of manually picked particles and my pre-processed micrographs. The job is failing with the below error and I am having some trouble figuring it out. I was also wondering if anyone had a good tutorial using Topaz with cryoSPARC? Thanks

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “cryosparc_master/cryosparc_compute/run.py”, line 96, in cryosparc_compute.run.main
File “/exports/software/Linux/opt/cryosparc2/cryosparc2_worker/cryosparc_compute/jobs/topaz/run_topaz.py”, line 111, in run_topaz_wrapper_train
topaz_version = utils.get_topaz_version(topaz_exec_path)
File “/exports/software/Linux/opt/cryosparc2/cryosparc2_worker/cryosparc_compute/jobs/topaz/topaz_utils.py”, line 135, in get_topaz_version
assert semver.VersionInfo.isvalid(topaz_version_for_validation),
File “/exports/software/Linux/opt/cryosparc2/cryosparc2_worker/deps/anaconda/envs/cryosparc_worker_env/lib/python3.8/site-packages/semver.py”, line 775, in isvalid
cls.parse(version)
File “/exports/software/Linux/opt/cryosparc2/cryosparc2_worker/deps/anaconda/envs/cryosparc_worker_env/lib/python3.8/site-packages/semver.py”, line 724, in parse
match = cls._REGEX.match(ensure_str(version))
File “/exports/software/Linux/opt/cryosparc2/cryosparc2_worker/deps/anaconda/envs/cryosparc_worker_env/lib/python3.8/site-packages/semver.py”, line 106, in ensure_str
raise TypeError(“not expecting type ‘%s’” % type(s))
TypeError: not expecting type ‘<class ‘NoneType’>’

Thanks for your first post on this forum @PappyG.
Please can you provide additional details:

1. What information preceded the Traceback?
  2. What command did you use to install conda? Did you try (details)
    conda create -n topaz python=3.6
    conda activate topaz
    conda install topaz -c tbepler -c pytorch

I am not sure whether it matters or not that the commands are run on a computer with the nvidia driver and gpu installed.
  3. Did you use a wrapper script and point the Path to Topaz executable to it?
  4. Does the command
    /path/to/topaz_wrapper.sh --version

print
    TOPAZ 0.2.5a

to the screen?