To delete projects from the database

Hi cryoSPARC Team,

I did a couple of restore on my cryoSPARC DB, few project got added mistakenly and in cryoSPARC web page I can not see those projects, but with cli I can see the projects, I tried to delete with "icli project_delete() command to remove the projects but it is not working. Do you have any other commands for the force deletion of MongoDB project tables or collection?

Thanks,
Praveen K V

Hi @pvalappil,

Please see the top of this section in the guide for instructions on how to execute CLI commands, including the command to delete projects:
https://guide.cryosparc.com/setup-configuration-and-management/management-and-monitoring/cli

Can you also clarify what you did here? What are you trying to do?
Please also make sure you’re on the latest version of cryoSPARC.

Hi Stephan,

Thank you for developing such a so nice and powerful cryoEM suite, I recently encountered an issue that, when I finished a cryosparc live session in our EM core node, I need to rename it, and import it to my our node for further processing, once I rename it, the delete project function always do not work, and prompt that “Unable to delete Px: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: path xx”, any suggestions to deal with this issue?

Many thanks,

Henry

@Zheng.Henry Please can you list the operations (commands, if applicable) that you performed, starting from the renaming through to the failing delete operation.

@wtempel Thank you so much for your kind and prompt response, I guess I solved this issue by following this discussion, I created the missed Sx session folder, then the delete project function works:
Deleting a project where the folder was already deleted fails if Live session was run,
I use the “mv Px Px-2” to rename the project folder, to import the renamed Px-2 into another CS instance, then delete the Px in its original CS instance, it showed something like “unable to delete Px: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: [path/to/project/]S1 missed”~
@stephan mentioned that this should be a bug, and will fix it later~
Thanks again!

Best,
Henry