Template Picker error: cufftAllocFailed

open

Hi,

When I select 3+ 2D classes to use for the Template Picker I get this error:

Traceback (most recent call last): File “cryosparc2_worker/cryosparc2_compute/run.py”, line 78, in cryosparc2_compute.run.main File “cryosparc2_worker/cryosparc2_compute/jobs/template_picker_gpu/run.py”, line 112, in cryosparc2_compute.jobs.template_picker_gpu.run.run File “cryosparc2_worker/cryosparc2_compute/jobs/template_picker_gpu/run.py”, line 218, in cryosparc2_compute.jobs.template_picker_gpu.run.run File “/CryoSparc/CryoSparcV2/cryosparc2_worker/deps/anaconda/lib/python2.7/site-packages/skcuda/fft.py”, line 126, in init onembed, ostride, odist, self.fft_type, self.batch) File “/CryoSparc/CryoSparcV2/cryosparc2_worker/deps/anaconda/lib/python2.7/site-packages/skcuda/cufft.py”, line 741, in cufftMakePlanMany cufftCheckStatus(status) File “/CryoSparc/CryoSparcV2/cryosparc2_worker/deps/anaconda/lib/python2.7/site-packages/skcuda/cufft.py”, line 116, in cufftCheckStatus raise e cufftAllocFailed

I do not get this error when I use 3 or less 2D classes for the Template picker.

What can I do to fix this issue?

Hi @chana this is unfortunate - we routinely use the particle picker with dozens of classes. Can you report the size of the micrographs, the size of the particles, the pixel size, your GPU hardware info, etc?
We recently fixed a bug (out in the last release) where K3 data was causing out-of-memory errors that were avoidable. I think in another thread you reported that you’re already on the latest version?