Strange error upon starting a live session

Hello!

Upon trying to start a live session the workers fail and restart rapidly and continuously with an error that I have not encountered before:

[CPU: 303.8 MB] Traceback (most recent call last):
File “cryosparc_worker/cryosparc_compute/jobs/rtp_workers/run.py”, line 370, in cryosparc_compute.jobs.rtp_workers.run.rtp_worker
File “cryosparc_worker/cryosparc_compute/jobs/rtp_workers/run.py”, line 431, in cryosparc_compute.jobs.rtp_workers.run.process_movie
File “cryosparc_worker/cryosparc_compute/jobs/rtp_workers/run.py”, line 464, in cryosparc_compute.jobs.rtp_workers.run.do_check
File “cryosparc_worker/cryosparc_compute/jobs/rtp_workers/run.py”, line 169, in cryosparc_compute.jobs.rtp_workers.run.RTPExposureCache.cache_read
File “cryosparc_worker/cryosparc_compute/blobio/prefetch.py”, line 45, in cryosparc_compute.blobio.prefetch.Prefetch.get
RuntimeError: TIFFGetField(TIFFTAG_SAMPLEFORMAT) 565: Input/output error

My current thought is that it could be because there is a bit too much reading/writing going on: I am actively copying data form a data server onto a drive and then starting a live session on the copied mics on a different drive.
However, it would be nice to get some help understanding what precisely the software is complaining about.

Best,

Ieva

Hi @ievab,

If you’re copying files into the same directory where cryosparc is looking for movies, sometimes cryosparc reads a partially-written file, resulting in a failure like this. If that’s what’s going on, you can try using the “minimum file size” and “minimum last modified time delta” fields under “exposure group” in cryosparc live… These fields cause cryosparc to ignore files that are smaller than a certain size, or newer than a certain timestamp.

Harris