'Sticky notes' job

Hi,

I like to leave notes for myself during processing, and I think it would be quite handy if that were implemented as it’s own ‘job’. I know that you can add notes in the ‘Details’ tab of all jobs, but then the notes end up hidden and are hard to find if there are many jobs. So, I often add e.g. ‘Import Movies’ jobs (which I don’t run, so they will stay in building mode) for myself where I add notes. However, I would much prefer if it there would be a dedicated job for note taking, maybe with a different color (maybe yellow like a sticky note? or even customizable colors), which could easily be identified in a sea of refinement jobs.

Best,
Moritz

1 Like

I’ve always thought that making notes searchable would also be a great help.

Hi @Moritz ,

Thank you for the post and apologies for the delay. We’ve noted your suggestion regarding adding notes alongside the job cards in the interface.

In CryoSPARC v4+ we’ve introduced some features that may be of interest in the meantime:

• Job titles display on the card in both cards view and tree view (see image below)
  • Job descriptions are also visible on the job cards
  • The tagging system allows for easily referencing/identifying particular jobs in a large project or workspace

@dmsmith thanks for your suggestion - searchable notes is on our to-do list.

Regards,
Suhail

1 Like