Singular matrix in motion correction

Hi -

We are trying to import mrc movies acquired in super-resolution mode and, during the motion correction, we get the following error message:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “cryosparc2_worker/cryosparc2_compute/run.py”, line 78, in cryosparc2_compute.run.main
File “cryosparc2_worker/cryosparc2_compute/jobs/motioncorrection/run.py”, line 387, in cryosparc2_compute.jobs.motioncorrection.run.run_rigid_motion_correction
File “cryosparc2_worker/cryosparc2_compute/jobs/motioncorrection/run.py”, line 388, in cryosparc2_compute.jobs.motioncorrection.run.run_rigid_motion_correction
File “cryosparc2_worker/cryosparc2_compute/jobs/motioncorrection/motioncorrection.py”, line 405, in cryosparc2_compute.jobs.motioncorrection.motioncorrection.motion_correction
File “cryosparc2_worker/cryosparc2_compute/jobs/motioncorrection/loocv.py”, line 78, in cryosparc2_compute.jobs.motioncorrection.loocv.min_smooth_fixed_lambda
File “/gpfs/data/bhabhaekiertlabs/local_software/CryoSparc/cryosparc2_worker/deps/anaconda/lib/python2.7/site-packages/scipy/linalg/basic.py”, line 687, in inv
raise LinAlgError(“singular matrix”)
LinAlgError: singular matrix

Does anyone know what the issue could be?

Thanks,
Best,
Nicolas

Here are additional info:

CryoSparc version: 2.3.2
Cuda: cuda91
Cluster: slum

Issue:

• happens with super-resolution images in mrc format (when I import them, the icons where the images should be seen are all black on the GUI - the same images were properly aligned with MotionCor through Relion, so there are not corrupted)
  • does not happen with other super-resolution movies we have recorded in tif format

BTW, strangely, if I write cryosparcm status, it tells me “cryosparcm is not running.”. But we can access the GUI and we can run jobs (import, motion cor on tifs…). Not sure if it linked to the motionCor error or not…

Just to let you know - I updated to v2.4 and it’s been working now.
Best,
N.

1 Like