RuntimeError: sendfile582: Input/output error

While reading exposes at CryoSparc Live we start getting the following error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “cryosparc_worker/cryosparc_compute/jobs/rtp_workers/run.py”, line 376, in cryosparc_compute.jobs.rtp_workers.run.rtp_worker
File “cryosparc_worker/cryosparc_compute/jobs/rtp_workers/run.py”, line 439, in cryosparc_compute.jobs.rtp_workers.run.process_movie
File “cryosparc_worker/cryosparc_compute/jobs/rtp_workers/run.py”, line 472, in cryosparc_compute.jobs.rtp_workers.run.do_check
File “cryosparc_worker/cryosparc_compute/jobs/rtp_workers/run.py”, line 169, in cryosparc_compute.jobs.rtp_workers.run.RTPExposureCache.cache_read
File “cryosparc_worker/cryosparc_compute/blobio/prefetch.py”, line 46, in cryosparc_compute.blobio.prefetch.Prefetch.get
RuntimeError: sendfile582: Input/output error

Can you point me where i should continue my troubleshooting way?

Hi @maxim,

Welcome to the forum! What version of CryoSPARC are you running? It may be worth updating to a newer version, as we’ve improved the usefulness of many of the I/O error messages in more recent versions.

If you can’t or don’t want to update, or if you do update but it’s still not clear what’s wrong, you could try opening the file /path/to/cryosparc_worker/config.sh and adding the line export CRYOSPARC_TIFF_IO_SHM=false, which may fix the issue. Be advised though, that doing this also may have a negative performance impact if you’re using a cluster file system like Lustre.

Are you running CryoSPARC inside docker, or is your setup unusual in any way?

—Harris

2 Likes

Hi @hsnyder

Thank you for your answer.
We are using cryosparc 3.2.2 (it is quite old and we plan to update it during few month) and GPFS.

Parameters CRYOSPARC_TIFF_IO_SHM=false helped to resolve the issue.

2 Likes

To any future users who encounter this or a similar issue and are using docker: take a look at this thread, where another solution was found.