Restore jobs from backup?

Hello

I have deleted a workspace by mistake. I am lucky enough that most jobs were backed up last night, but they were not exported with the bona fide procedure.
Is there a way to import back the particle stacks and latest volumes and masks without having to run all jobs again?
I am running cryosparc 12.0.
thanks,
Valerie

Hey @valbibpc,

Can you confirm the version of cryoSPARC you’re using? It will be displayed when you run cryosparcm status. Also, how was the backup made? Did you use the mongo dump function, or copy+paste the database to a different location?

Hi sarulthasan
Current cryoSPARC version: v2.11.0
the backup was made using a regular rsync command by our computer manager.

Hi @valbibpc,

Great, thanks for confirming. One way to do it would be to download the master package of cryoSPARC and specify the backed-up location of your database during installation. Once the instance has turned on, you can navigate to the the workspace that was deleted, and export every job or result group you needed. You can then go back and import those files using the Import Job or Import Result Group functions in your main instance. More details on how to do that here:

A few notes:

1. Ensure you turn off your main instance first before installing the second instance.
  2. Ensure you specify a different port than your main instance when installing the second instance.
  3. Make sure to turn off your second instance before you import your jobs/result groups into the main instance

Another way to do it (if you haven’t done much between the last time you backed up and now), is to replace the database that your current main instance is using with the backed-up one. A tutorial on how to do that is here (C. Moving the cryoSPARC database):

Please let me know if you’d like me to elaborate on any options.