Request: Override scheduler and continue abilities for CTF estimation and other job types

Hello,

I see that some of the new 3DFlex jobs have an ‘override scheduler’ option that allows for the job to start even though the imported 3DFlex training job isn’t finished. I am wondering if this same sort of functionality, along with a ‘continue’ option could be added to other job types such as CTF estimation. The use case would be: Import movies >> Frame align movies >> CTF estimation >> etc. For example, right now I am waiting for 15000 super-res K3 frames to all be aligned on 4 GPUs before performing CTF estimation. However, I have other GPU nodes free that I could use for doing CTF estimation on the already aligned images, and then finish processing the rest once CTF estimation is done.

This feature would be useful for jobs that are sent to nodes on a cluster where direct parallelization across nodes is not possible, but embarrassing parallelization is possible, and would speed up the whole single particle workflow considerably. There may be other job types that could benefit from such a scheme as well, such as particle picking. This is essentially what Cryosparc Live does - it would be nice to have this in normal Cryosparc.

Thanks,
-Alex

2 Likes