RBMC "fewer than 2 particles" with multiple species

• I got “fewer than 2 particles” crashes even though the job attempts to move such micrographs (bug 1 unless expected for multiclass)
  • After I used curate exposures to select only mics with 3 or more particles - from all the classes, not each class - a lot of particles are said to be removed:

Removed 61669 particles (in micrographs with fewer than 2 total particles).

However the particles are from two datasets and only one dataset is given to the RBMC job, so I wonder if this message actually corresponds to particles removed because their source mic is not in the input. (Bug 2 if true).

Does the fewer than 2 particles limitation apply to each class separately or to all the classes together on each mic?

This one is only one reference & there are only 159k particles total. Any many fewer than 134,000 micrographs. The job is running though.

I am connecting two sets of exposures (two halves of one session) and one set of particles originating from both exposure sets in this case.

@DanielAsarnow,

Are you using particle recentering? It’s new in 4.5 and on by default. There’s a known bug with it in that the low-particle removal happens before the recentering, so if recentering causes a particle to clip the movie edge, this crash will happen. If that’s the cause of the failure you’re seeing, then turning off particle recentering should help.

I think you’re correct that if you add particles with no corresponding movies, they get confusingly included in the quoted message. Thanks for letting us know about that.

Does the fewer than 2 particles limitation apply to each class separately or to all the classes together on each mic?

All classes together.