Per particle scale in signal subtraction?

Hi,

Are per particle scale factors generated in a preceding refinement job used in signal subtraction (to prevent over/under subtraction)? I assume yes but not sure and can’t see it stated elsewhere, apologies if it has already been covered

Cheers
Oli

EDIT: I see now there is an option to ignore per particle scales, so I assume the input scales are used by default.

1 Like

Hi @olibclarke ,

Yes, the input scales are used by default; these can be ignored (using an effective scale of 1.0) by activating that parameter.

Best,
Michael

1 Like

Hi @mmclean - quick follow up query - are particle scales retained after re-extraction of a particle set? And if not, are scales estimated during homogeneous reconstruction?

I would like to re-extract, centering on a region of interest, and then subtract the regions that I am not interested in, but I am wondering if (a) scales will be reset upon re-extraction and (b) if they are recalculated during homogeneous reconstruction (which I perform after re-extraction to generate the volume to project & subtract).

Cheers
Oli

Hi @olibclarke,

Scales are indeed retained after re-extraction. They are not estimated by homogeneous reconstruction; only by refinement jobs.

Best,
Michael

2 Likes