Patching - Can one apply a specific patch?

Dear Developers,

We have a system where we have cryosparc workers installed on various GPU nodes and have masters installed on user workstations.

In my case I missed the upgrade to patch v3.2.0-20210413 and patched this weekend to v3.2.0-20210511. However the version of my master does not match that of the cluster. As you can imagine - only at specific is the cluster taken down for maintenance and upgrade. Is there a way to roll back the patch and apply a specific version?

Best,
Joe

Hi @Joe, there’s no formal way to roll back a patch without reinstalling. We have a workaround but it may cause some inconsistencies and we can’t guarantee that this won’t break the system:

I’m assuming your master is on 210413 and your worker is on 210511. If not do the reverse of each instruction:

1. Copy the folder contents of cryosparc_worker/cryosparc_compute/ into cryosparc_master/cryosparc_compute/
  2. Replace the file cryosparc_master/patch with cryosparc_worker/patch
  3. Run this command:
    cryosparcm cli "complete_patch()"

Here’s what features that may break with this procedure, based on what changed between the two patches:

• Newly-added “Check Particles” job
  • Heterogeneous Refinement job
  • 3DFSC Job
  • Project Imports

is there still no supported way to roll back to a specific patch? The current patch is causing problems with importing particles (Error with Import Particle Stack job in cryoSPARC v3.2 (particles.star from Relion v3.1))

To my mind - this is still no. My work around was simpler to what was mentioned above. I am still waiting to align our versions here.