Patch Motion Correction Error "Child process with PID 2643717 terminated unexpectedly with exit code 1"

Hello,

I am attempting to run patch motion correction, the error message is “Child process with PID 2643717 terminated unexpectedly with exit code 1”. I am using V4.1.2.

Initially, it terminated with exit code -9. The first few frames were unfortunately just noise/carbon, so i thought it might have trouble correcting motion in pure noise. To check this, I imported a random .tif from the middle of the data set, which did have some proteins/features for the motion correction to use. I got almost an identical error message, this time it was exit code 1. I realized the pixel size was incorrect, so I imported the movies again, this time with the correct pixel size of .4425. Again, same error, again with exit code 1.

I looked at some posts about similar error messages, and so far I’ve only seen fixes related to CUDA and cryosparc installation, and since I work in a large lab with a shared instance (not sure if that is the right word), i don’t have the permissions myself to try that first.

So, I have two questions.

1. How do i resolve the error message: “Child process with PID 2643717 terminated unexpectedly with exit code 1”, are CUDA and cryosparc re installation the only known fixes?

2. What do the different exit code values signify?

Thanks!
Rebecca Skotheim

Please can you post the text of preceding lines from the Event Log for context, and relevant text from the Job Log (Metadata|Log).

The problem was resolved by asking for 2 GPUs instead of 1. Sorry to bother you!

1 Like