On homogeneous refinement

Dear All,

Exactly based on “Case Study: Yeast U4/U6.U5 tri-snRNP”, I got the 4-class partcles and the corresponding 4 class-volumes with the ab-initial reconstruction. For class 0 volume, I run homogeneous refinement with the class 0 particle and I got the refined A.mrc. For class 0 volume, I run homogeneous refinement with all particles and I got the refined B.mrc. For class 1 volume, I run homogeneous refinement with the class 1 particle and I got the refined C.mrc. For class 1 volume, I run homogeneous refinement with all particles and I got the refined D.mrc.

Chimera checking showed all conformations from A.mrc, B.mrc, C.mrc, D. mrc were strongly different with each other.

Take the refined results from class 0 volume as example, do you think both A.mrc and B.mrc are reliable (practically speaking, the reliable model can be used to explain biological function without bias and error, and the reliable model was theoretically correct), or only one of them was reliable? If only one reliable, which one was reliable, and why?

I am looking forward to getting your reply.

Best wishes,

Flemming