Micrograph shapes are inconsistent

hi, error is below:
assert mic_shape == mic.shape, “Micrograph shapes are inconsistent!” # otherwise micrograph_blob/shape is inconsistent with the actual frame shape
AssertionError: Micrograph shapes are inconsistent!

I have tried this on v 4.4.0 and 4.2.1 and same error.

The data are negative stain, which we collected in tif format (jpeg). I had to convert this to no-compression tiff then used tif2mrc. In the end it did result in mrc files which could be imported into cryosparc, picking succeeds, but at the extraction step I received that error for about half the images. The half which worked I can continue processing in 2D classification etc. When I use “header” (imod program) they both seem identical in terms of dimensions and other things.

note that we did not do CTF estimation since, as my understanding is, it is basically pointless for stain data.

any help is appreciated

thanks

Jesse

1 Like

Hi @orangeboomerang, I’d be happy to help with this.

Could you please copy and paste the text of the results of the IMOD header for a successful micrograph and an unsuccessful micrograph?

Also, when you imported these micrographs, did you have the Skip Header Check slider on or off?

hi @rposert,

we may have sorted out the problem, but I will report back if not. It seems some images collected during data collection had different dimensions. Sometimes there was 1 or 2 extra rows of pixels. No idea how this happened, it is very strange.

thanks

Jesse

1 Like