Manual picker does not work without CTF

Hi,

There is an option to disable CTF during particle extraction in Manual Picker, to enable visualization of picks on mics without a CTF slot.

This used to work, but now fails with an error.

Cheers
Oli

I think “output constant CTF” during import is the only way currently?

Right, but there is an option in Manual Picker to allow for ignoring the lack of CTF during particle extraction:

It just doesn’t work right now but it used to

This has been fixed in v4.2.1, released on March 15th.

Thanks for reporting!

1 Like

Hi there, I am abit confused on this. I imported my single framed micrographs (bacteria), and manually picked particles (with the function “Run extraction without ctf values” switched on. The picks and extraction worked, but now I am struggling to do a 2D classification on them. This is the error that I get:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “cryosparc_master/cryosparc_compute/run.py”, line 62, in cryosparc_compute.run.main
File “/home/cryosparc/cryosparc_worker/cryosparc_compute/jobs/runcommon.py”, line 1055, in check_default_inputs
assert False, 'Non-optional inputs from the following input groups and their slots are not connected: ’ + missing_inputs + ‘. Please connect all required inputs.’
AssertionError: Non-optional inputs from the following input groups and their slots are not connected: particles.ctf. Please connect all required inputs.

Hi @VSamuels! I think there may have been a bit of confusion – for downstream analysis of the particles, you will still need CTF estimation. If you are avoiding CTF correction because your particles are negative stained, there are a few other parameters to change as well which can be found in our guide page on the topic.