Lost feature: Up and down arrows in Manual Picker job don't do anything anymore

Hello,

In one of the most recent updates I’ve noticed that the up and down arrows on the keyboard in the Manual Picker job don’t do anything anymore. Previously, they used to move to the next/previous image. Now, as far as I can tell, the only way to move to the next image is to use the mouse, which is far less efficient when trying to manually curate picks in many micrographs. Could this feature be added back, please?

Thank you,
-Alex

Hi @alexjamesnoble ,

Thanks for the post! I can confirm the functionality of up/down arrow keys remains the same since the initial release of v4. Could you let me know if there are any errors logged in your browser console (right click, ‘Inspect Element’, click on ‘Console’ tab)? It’s possible a browser extension you have installed could be interfering with the shortcut.

- Suhail

Hi Suhail,

Thanks for checking I’ve tested the Up/Down keys on both of our Cryosparc 4.1.2 installations across 2 browsers and 2 operating systems, and none work (ie. it doesn’t move to the next image). This feature used to work on each of these installations and setups before v4. If this isn’t a Cryosparc issue or an OS/browser issue, then perhaps it’s an issue with our installations.

I’ve attached ‘Inspect Element’ > ‘Console’ images for each operating system and browser combination. No errors appear while I’m trying to move Up/Down. Let me know if I can provide anymore information.

Thank you,
-Alex

Hi Alex,

Thank you for the additional details! From the warnings I spot in the console, some recent changes we’ve made to the application (to be released soon) will address these and most likely fix the issue you’re running into.

One thing you can try is run window.localStorage.setItem('cryosparc_debug', true); in your browser console, refresh the page and try using the arrow keys. This might resolve the issue until the next release is available.

- Suhail

Hi Suhail,

Thank you, that bit of code makes the Up/Down arrows work properly in both Chrome and Firefox!

Best,
-Alex

1 Like