Local refinement input

Hi,
I am attempting local refinement of a flexible region on an icosahedral virus and I keep getting an error. I am not sure if its my input. I have tried using angstrom and also pix as the unit for the input and still get this error.
‘File “cryosparc_master/cryosparc_compute/run.py”, line 115, in cryosparc_master.cryosparc_compute.run.main
File “cryosparc_master/cryosparc_compute/jobs/local_refine/newrun.py”, line 276, in cryosparc_master.cryosparc_compute.jobs.local_refine.newrun.run_local_refine
ValueError: could not convert string to float: ‘323px’’
Any suggestions?

Where are you entering this? It looks like it is expecting a number without units, and failing because of the “px”

Hi,
I am entering the value at the Override fulcrum coordinates (A or px). My input was 323px,324px,325px

Is this the wrong format?

That should work… did you try with a space between the number and the unit?

I think the protocol said no space etc. Will try it now. Thanks a mil.

I just tried it and got the same error. I am not sure what ‘could not convert string to float means?’

I think it is expecting the unit just at the end of the triplet - so in your case, 323,324,325 px (or 323,324,325px). In my hands this works, whereas the format you entered gives the same error you reported.

Probably either the helptext should be altered to clarify this, or this field should allow for more flexible input.

Thank you I will give it a try.

Thank you, it finally worked.

1 Like