Local motion correction fails V3.3.1

Hi,
I am trying to do local motion correction for a set of particles to improve resolution (currently at 3.6A) . I am using the imported movies and the particles (190K) with a box size of 282A for extraction. I am getting the following error message.
What does this mean ?? please help me to fix this

Thanks
Man

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “cryosparc_worker/cryosparc_compute/run.py”, line 85, in cryosparc_compute.run.main
File “cryosparc_worker/cryosparc_compute/jobs/motioncorrection/run_local.py”, line 522, in cryosparc_compute.jobs.motioncorrection.run_local.run_local_motion_correction
AssertionError

Hi @Man_at_Work which cryoSPARC patch version do you have now?

Hi Andre
I assume the patch version is 211214, as this is the number in front of V3.3.1

Thanks
Man

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “cryosparc_worker/cryosparc_compute/run.py”, line 85, in cryosparc_compute.run.main
File “cryosparc_worker/cryosparc_compute/jobs/motioncorrection/run_local.py”, line 522, in cryosparc_compute.jobs.motioncorrection.run_local.run_local_motion_correction
AssertionError

@Man_at_Work What is the “motion correction history” of the project and its movies? Have you previously applied any non-default parameters, like exclusion of certain frames from motion correction?

Hi @wtempel
The particles I am using for local motion corrections job came from movies that were subjected to patch motion correction, this motion correction job was run with defaults. However, some frames were removed later after the patch CTF.
Thanks
Man

@wtempel … sorry, one correction the details , during the PATCH motion correction , start frame value was 5.
Thanks

Hi @AndreGraca and @wtempel,
I was wondering if you have any suggestion on my issue of local motion correction.
Thanks
Man

@Man_at_Work You have found a bug; we are investigating. Thank you for reporting. Unfortunately, I can for now not propose a better “workaround” than not excluding frames during patch motion correction.

1 Like

Hi @Man_at_Work sorry for not replying earlier to you, lots of work on other fronts.

The reason why I engaged in this thread is that I am having also an error during local motion correction (read here Error during local motion correction job) and I wanted to understand if it is the same error or something else that was worth opening a new thread.
I realized it was probably a different error (or reason that triggered the error), therefore I initiated the above thread.
However, after reading the last reply from @wtempel and looking again at my failed local motion correction job I got a bit confused and I start to suspect that the only “workaround” I have is the same that @wtempel suggested to you :sweat_smile: unfortunately… :confused:

I had the same error with v3.3.1 with a data set refined at ~3.2 A. I tried both local motion correction and local motion correction (multi). Thanks for looking into it.