Issues with template used for Filament Tracer in Inspect Picks

Hi,
I have been running into an issue with inspect picks failing after running a filament tracer job using a template. I have tested the dataset and micrographs with running filament tracer without the templates and it runs fine. It seems that only certain templates used cause inspect picks to crash.

Does anyone have some insight on this? I haven’t been able to yet determine what qualities of the template allow for it to run properly.

Here is the error I have been getting:

[CPU: 208.2 MB]  Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "cryosparc_master/cryosparc_compute/run.py", line 84, in cryosparc_compute.run.main
  File "/home/spuser/cryosparc/cryosparc_master/cryosparc_compute/jobs/manual_picker/run_inspect_simple.py", line 432, in run_inspect_simple
    ax.hist2d(xvals, yvals, bins=50, range=[[xmin,xmax],[ymin,ymax]])
  File "/home/spuser/cryosparc/cryosparc_master/deps/anaconda/envs/cryosparc_master_env/lib/python3.7/site-packages/matplotlib/__init__.py", line 1438, in inner
    return func(ax, *map(sanitize_sequence, args), **kwargs)
  File "/home/spuser/cryosparc/cryosparc_master/deps/anaconda/envs/cryosparc_master_env/lib/python3.7/site-packages/matplotlib/axes/_axes.py", line 6915, in hist2d
    density=density, weights=weights)
  File "<__array_function__ internals>", line 6, in histogram2d
  File "/home/spuser/cryosparc/cryosparc_master/deps/anaconda/envs/cryosparc_master_env/lib/python3.7/site-packages/numpy/lib/twodim_base.py", line 713, in histogram2d
    hist, edges = histogramdd([x, y], bins, range, normed, weights, density)
  File "<__array_function__ internals>", line 6, in histogramdd
  File "/home/spuser/cryosparc/cryosparc_master/deps/anaconda/envs/cryosparc_master_env/lib/python3.7/site-packages/numpy/lib/histograms.py", line 1049, in histogramdd
    smin, smax = _get_outer_edges(sample[:,i], range[i])
  File "/home/spuser/cryosparc/cryosparc_master/deps/anaconda/envs/cryosparc_master_env/lib/python3.7/site-packages/numpy/lib/histograms.py", line 316, in _get_outer_edges
    "supplied range of [{}, {}] is not finite".format(first_edge, last_edge))
ValueError: supplied range of [nan, nan] is not finite

Dear @IsabelleGordon,

Thank you for reporting this. Could you let us know which version of cryoSPARC you are running?

Best,
Michael

Hi @mmclean,

Thank you for getting back to me. The version I am running is v3.2.0+210511.

Dear @IsabelleGordon,

I apologize for the delayed response. If you are still facing this issue, could you try re-running the inspect picks job with turning off both “Calibrate Pick score to CTF” and “Calibrate Power score to CTF”? This may allow the inspect picks job to run.

Best,
Michael

We have included a fix for this issue in Patch 210615 for cryoSPARC v3.2.0. Please refer to the linked forum post for instructions on how to apply the patch.

Best,
Michael