Inspect Particle Picks: Power threshold range too high

Hello,

I’m trying to process a rather large data set, and after running a templated particle picking job I am now having problems setting the correct thresholds in Inspect Particle Picks. The Power Threshold slider shows a range from 0 to 208000, and the slider has a step size of ~1700 which effectively makes it a binary option that filters out all particles or doesn’t filter out a single one. I did pass about 15M particles into the Inspect job so perhaps that has something to do with it. Is there any way to set the power threshold without using the slider in the GUI? I am running cryoSPARC v2.4.6 on CentOS.

Thanks

1 Like

Hi @Ablakely ,

This bug is fixed in the next version of cryoSPARC (to be deployed soon), but for now, there is a workaround. Set the max threshold to 1776, press “Done Picking!”, then connect the outputs created by this job to another inspect particle picks job. This should allow you to filter out particles normally.

@stephan Will the next version have fields to type in values for NCC and power threshold? Even when the range is OK, it’s very difficult to select particular values.

2 Likes

I back this up, the slider is horrendous! For usability, “fields to type in values” -solution is the way to go.

This is done as of v2.12.