Include .xml files with results groups exported from CS-live?

Hi,

I recently learned on this forum how to export results groups from a cryoSPARC live session, which was very helpful because I previously didn’t know how to keep the exposures connected to their metadata and thus had to rerun motion correction and CTF estimation after transferring the movies to my own workstation. However, the .xml files don’t seem to be included as part of the result group.

This isn’t too much of a problem, because the .xml files can be separately imported pretty easily with the 'Import Beam Shifts" job. Still, would it be possible to include .xml files as part of the “Live Export Exposures job” so that all of the metadata gets package together at the same time?

Cheers,
Beck

Hi @cbeck,

Thanks for the feature request. Since exposure group clustering based on beam shift requires having a representative sampling of the beam shifts that exist in the full dataset, it’s not highly amenable to use in Live (one would have to wait until they have enough movies collected to be able to cluster them into different exposure groups). Because of this, the recommended way to do exposure group clustering is after live data collection, as you noted:

1. Export exposures from the Live session
  2. Run “Import Beam Shifts” pointing to the original data directory
  3. Run “Exposure Group Utilities” in the cluster&split mode, with the exported particles from Live connected

Import of XML files in Live would eliminate step 2, which could simplify the above; we’ve noted the request to import beam shift data from XML files in CryoSPARC Live :slight_smile:

Best,
Michael