Import particles with TypeError: cannot convert the series to <class ‘float’> (v3.0.0)

Dear cryosparc users and developers, I successfully updated V2.15->v3.0.0 so that i can use the latest NVIDIA RTX3090 to run jobs,such as 2D classification and different refinements. Everything is ok except for that I import my particles extracted from Relion3.1.0. please see the pictures, and hope someone can help me, thank you! and if you have questions about update, you can ask me, too.

Surprisingly, when i changed the selection “ignore pose data” to Yes which is in Import Particles module, I can import particles successfully. But i still don’t know what happened, because i never noticed about this selection before.

2 Likes

Same things happened to me, see below

[CPU: 602.1 MB] Traceback (most recent call last):
File “cryosparc_master/cryosparc_compute/run.py”, line 84, in cryosparc_compute.run.main
File “/home/lrss/softwares/cryosparc/cryosparc_master/cryosparc_compute/jobs/imports/run.py”, line 307, in run_import_particles
poseds.data[‘shift’][idx] = make_shift_rln(starrow)
File “/home/lrss/softwares/cryosparc/cryosparc_master/cryosparc_compute/jobs/imports/run.py”, line 293, in make_shift_rln
t = n.array([float(rlnOriginX), float(rlnOriginY)], dtype=n.float32)
File “/home/lrss/softwares/cryosparc/cryosparc_master/deps/anaconda/envs/cryosparc_master_env/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pandas/core/series.py”, line 129, in wrapper
raise TypeError(f"cannot convert the series to {converter}")
TypeError: cannot convert the series to <class ‘float’>

you could choose to select "ignore pose data: to yes like the picture i deposited, and re-import particles again.

That works, Thank you!

1 Like

HI @ajian, @hanwenyu,

Thank you for reporting. A fix for this will be released tomorrow.

1 Like

Has the fix been released?