Import old v3.0+ projects into v4.3.1

Dear All,

One of our HPC users tried to import old projects that he generated using v3.0.2 (or v3.0.1) into our current CryoSPARC v4.3.1 instance. The project.json files are missing in his project folders. Therefore, when he tries to attach his projects, CryoSPARC reported this error:

Unable to attach project: ServerError: Unable to locate exported project document ‘project.json’

Q1: Can we import v3.0+ projects into CryoSPARC v4.3.1?

Q2: If we can import v3.0+ projects into CryoSPARC v4.3.1, then how to get the missing project.json back? As far as I know, a v3.0+ project do not have the project.json file in its project folder (I could be wrong).

Q3: Does anybody know what could be the reason causing the missing project.json files?

Thank you all so much!

Welcome to the forum @zfhou.
Please can you confirm the CryoSPARC version that was installed the last time a job was run in that project? Could it have been even older than v3?

Dear Team,

I checked on our system. The CryoSPARC version that was installed the last time a job was run in that project should be v3.3.1. The user used v3.0.2 before too, but never used a version older than v3.

We installed v3.3.1 in 2021 on our cluster. The user had no any issues. Recently, we upgraded our cluster and reinstalled all software modules, including CryoSPARC. We installed CryoSPARC v4.3.1 this time.

Thank you so much!

@zfhou
Please can you post the output of the command
ls -lrat
for a representative project directory for which attachment failed?
Does the user still have

• access to the v3.3.2 instance or
  • a backup or copy of the v3.3.2 instance’s database?