How to sequentially select movies from 1st to Nth in motion correction rather than random?

Hello.

In the motion correction and CTF estimation, both can randomly select this many movies to process.
But the early part of each exposure may contain more high-resolution information,
I want to compare the information differences between different sets of movies.
So I want to select movie frames from the 1st to N to be processed rather than random.
How can I realize such a function in cryoSPARC?

Yu

Hi @yuhx0914,

In Patch Motion or Patch CTF when you set the parameter to process a subset of movies, this will select movies at random. However, it will not select frames (within each movie) at random - by default always all frames are used.
If you want to investigate the differences between reconstructions using different sets of frames, you can set the “start frame” and “end frame” parameters and this will cause patch motion to use frames 1 to N.

Hope that helps!

Hi, @apunjani.
Thanks for your advice, it did works.
I want to further know that is it possible to extract the patch frames from full-frame motion correction of Relion, and perform the refinement with the extracted particles from Relion?
Or a similar function implemented in cryoSPARC?
Like the Bayesian Polishing did, just polish the frames 1 to N from full-frame motion correction.
Then, a series of refinement can be performed based on this output.
Otherwise, I have to do the motion correction with different number frames again and again
to investigate the differences between reconstructions using different sets of frames.

Yu