Extracting 2d class micrographs then repicking

I have a very messy system that the best way to optimise particle picking would be to select a larger feature as a “particle” which contains several proteins. I want to then take these large particle micrographs as ‘fresh new’ micrographs to start the picking process again to then select the proteins.

I see that you can extract the location of particles, my initial thinking is create a python script to crop out these locations from the original micrographs and make new ones of a smaller area. Then enter these cropped micrographs into cryosparc and start the picking process.

Any ideas on this?

Hi @Harley,

Welcome to the forum! Would you be able to share more details about the biological system that you are working on? Is it something that is very large, and compositionally heterogeneous?

We are interested in learning more about what you are trying to achieve by seemingly performing picking on subregions of micrographs. If you are trying to locally refine multiple regions of a large complex, maybe the workflows contained in this paper will be of assistance: Structural and quantum chemical basis for OCP-mediated quenching of phycobilisomes | bioRxiv