Error probably in dataset?

Dear colleagues,

I got the error during Non uniform refinement:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/home/user/Data/Software/cryosparc/cryosparc_worker/cryosparc_compute/jobs/runcommon.py”, line 1790, in run_with_except_hook
run_old(*args, **kw)
File “cryosparc_worker/cryosparc_compute/engine/cuda_core.py”, line 131, in cryosparc_compute.engine.cuda_core.GPUThread.run
File “cryosparc_worker/cryosparc_compute/engine/cuda_core.py”, line 132, in cryosparc_compute.engine.cuda_core.GPUThread.run
File “cryosparc_worker/cryosparc_compute/engine/engine.py”, line 1108, in cryosparc_compute.engine.engine.process.work
File “cryosparc_worker/cryosparc_compute/engine/engine.py”, line 389, in cryosparc_compute.engine.engine.EngineThread.find_and_set_best_pose_shift
File “<array_function internals>”, line 6, in unravel_index
ValueError: index 1065353216 is out of bounds for array with size 5376

Any suggestion?

Thank you in advance.

Sincerely,
Dmitry

Hi Dmitry,

Possibly it is related to this error: 2D Classification: ValueError: index is out of bounds for array

Have you tried updating to the latest patch?

Cheers
Oli

1 Like

Hello Oli @olibclarke,
No I didn’t use the latest patch.

In fact I am a bit suspicious about my input dataset - it is Bayesian polished.

When I run it again I received the following error:
** File “cryosparc_worker/cryosparc_compute/run.py”, line 84, in cryosparc_compute.run.main**
** File “cryosparc_worker/cryosparc_compute/jobs/refine/newrun.py”, line 447, in cryosparc_compute.jobs.refine.newrun.run_homo_refine**
** File “cryosparc_worker/cryosparc_compute/jobs/refine/newrun.py”, line 448, in cryosparc_compute.jobs.refine.newrun.run_homo_refine**
** File “cryosparc_worker/cryosparc_compute/jobs/ctf_refinement/run_local.py”, line 166, in cryosparc_compute.jobs.ctf_refinement.run_local.full_defocus_refine**
** File “cryosparc_worker/cryosparc_compute/jobs/ctf_refinement/run_local.py”, line 325, in cryosparc_compute.jobs.ctf_refinement.run_local.do_defocus_refine**
** File “cryosparc_worker/cryosparc_compute/engine/newengine.py”, line 860, in cryosparc_compute.engine.newengine.EngineThread.project_model**
** File “cryosparc_worker/cryosparc_compute/engine/cuda_core.py”, line 309, in cryosparc_compute.engine.cuda_core.EngineBaseThread.toc**
** File “cryosparc_worker/cryosparc_compute/engine/cuda_core.py”, line 305, in cryosparc_compute.engine.cuda_core.EngineBaseThread.wait**
pycuda._driver.LogicError: cuStreamSynchronize failed: an illegal memory access was encountered

And I get before this error strange empty images for the iteration (please see below)
Have you perhaps the idea what may be wrong?

Thank you

did you have refine per particle scale factors on? I have seen this problem when refining scale factors for some datasets

1 Like

Hello Oli @olibclarke,

Thank you.

Indeed the refine per particle scale was on.

I disable it but still the problem remains.
Not sure what is causing it.

I tried to run the 2D classification with the same dataset, to collect more evidences.

The 2D failed with the following error:

File “/home/user/Data/Software/cryosparc/cryosparc_worker/cryosparc_compute/jobs/runcommon.py”, line 1790, in run_with_except_hook
run_old(*args, **kw)
File “cryosparc_worker/cryosparc_compute/engine/cuda_core.py”, line 131, in cryosparc_compute.engine.cuda_core.GPUThread.run
File “cryosparc_worker/cryosparc_compute/engine/cuda_core.py”, line 132, in cryosparc_compute.engine.cuda_core.GPUThread.run
File “cryosparc_worker/cryosparc_compute/engine/engine.py”, line 1108, in cryosparc_compute.engine.engine.process.work
File “cryosparc_worker/cryosparc_compute/engine/engine.py”, line 389, in cryosparc_compute.engine.engine.EngineThread.find_and_set_best_pose_shift
File “<array_function internals>”, line 6, in unravel_index
ValueError: index 1072614080 is out of bounds for array with size 336

Would that bring some light to the issue?

Sincerely,
Dmitry

Hi

Got similar error, then double check the input parameter, especially the amp_contrast. fixed my problem. hope it can help you.

Best Regards,
Bo Shu

1 Like

thank you - the issue is fixed – the problem was in the initial dataset.

Sincerely,
D

1 Like

Hi @Dmitry
I got a same error when using Bayesian polished particles to do Non Uniform Refinement. Could you give me a more clear instruction about how you fixed this problem? Thanks!
Sincerely,
duyx

Hello Duys,

I didn’t find a clear reason for that error.
My guess is that the issue is connected with the box size you use and the ram memory your device has.
Try to re-extract the particles with the smaller box size and repeat the 3D refinement.

Please let me know if that helped.

Kind regards,
Dmitry