Error importing extract job

Hello,

I’m trying to import a particle extraction job and I’m running into an error with it. I’m try to transfer a particle extract job from an instance of cryosparc on one workstation (running CS3.1 when I ran the job - the system has since been updated to CS3.2) to another workstation on a separate filesystem with an install of CS3.2 with recent patches applied. I rsync’d the entire job directory form the first workstation to the import directory in the project on the second workstation and attempted to import the job in CS.

Upon importing I am met with the following error:

[CPU: 195.7 MB]  Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "cryosparc_worker/cryosparc_compute/run.py", line 84, in cryosparc_compute.run.main
  File "cryosparc_worker/cryosparc_compute/jobs/class2D/run.py", line 45, in cryosparc_compute.jobs.class2D.run.run_class_2D
  File "/home/cryosparc_user/cryosparc/cryosparc_worker/cryosparc_compute/particles.py", line 45, in init
    self.from_dataset(d) # copies in all data
  File "/home/cryosparc_user/cryosparc/cryosparc_worker/cryosparc_compute/dataset.py", line 621, in from_dataset
    if len(other) == 0: return self
TypeError: object of type 'NoneType' has no len()

Other information that may be helpful - both workstations are on CentOS7 with standalone installs of CS3.2 (most recent patches only applied to the second one as best I know). Permissions of the MRC files containing the particle stacks have been updated for the second workstation. I have also attempted this as a “import particle stack” type job as well but ran into errors that way as well.

Thank you,
Russell

Hi @RussellM,

Sorry for the delay in responding to this. Did you export the job before rsyncing the folder over to the new computer? Project directories are entirely self-contained, but job directories are not, they need to be exported before they can be moved. See here for details:
https://guide.cryosparc.com/processing-data/tutorials-and-case-studies/tutorial-data-management-in-cryosparc#5-ability-to-export-and-import-individual-jobs

–Harris

I attempted to transfer the entirety of the project from one workstation to another. I’ve already moved on from this project (rebuilt my workflow rather than importing), but I wasn’t sure if I needed to do any sort of workup before exporting the project or if I could rsync it directly. Knowing this will be helpful for the future.

Thank you,
Russell