Error during local Motion Correction - object of type 'NoneType' has no len()

Dear CS community,
I hope you are well.

I have been trying to do local motion Correction in CS-v4.3.1
I am facing the error in the attached image:

If I try to extract with larger or smaller box size, it does work. However it needs to be this size exactly, since I’m merging particles from 2 datasets with different pixel size, and this is the only box size/ resizing that will give me same pixel size in to 0.00001 precision.
I tried other combinations of box sizes, but in all of them at leat one of the jobs crashed with this error. I don’t understand why it happens in some box sizes and not in others. Any ideas?
Thank you for your time,
Kind wishes,
Leonardo

Welcome to the forum @LeoTR.

Do I understand correctly that between two otherwise identical jobs, the change of a single parameter determines success or failure?
Please can you post Extraction box size and Fourier crop to box size for for a pair of failed and successful jobs. If the critical parameter is a different one, please post those values also.

Please help future visitors of this forum finding relevant topics by posting the text of Tracebacks and error messages.

Hi @wtempel , thanks for the reply
You understood correctly, it is exactly the same job, only changing the box size and fourier crop values.
I am running two datasets, in separated jobs, and want to match their pixel size

Dataset 1 pixel size 1.1:
1118 crop to 1008 - successful
1138 crop to 1026 - failure
1220 crop to 1100 - failed
1200 without cropping - successful
1000 without cropping - successful

Dataset 2 pixel size 1.22:
1008 no cropping - failure
1026 no cropping - failure
1100 no cropping - failure
990 no cropping - successful

Here is the text of the traceback as requested

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "cryosparc_master/cryosparc_compute/run.py", line 95, in cryosparc_compute.run.main
  File "cryosparc_master/cryosparc_compute/jobs/motioncorrection/run_local.py", line 394, in cryosparc_compute.jobs.motioncorrection.run_local.run_local_motion_correction_multi
  File "/home/cryosparc_user/software/cryosparc/cryosparc_worker/cryosparc_tools/cryosparc/dataset.py", line 219, in append_many
    datasets = tuple(d for d in datasets if len(d) > 0)  # skip empty datasets
  File "/home/cryosparc_user/software/cryosparc/cryosparc_worker/cryosparc_tools/cryosparc/dataset.py", line 219, in <genexpr>
    datasets = tuple(d for d in datasets if len(d) > 0)  # skip empty datasets
TypeError: object of type 'NoneType' has no len()

Thanks

Hi @LeoTR. We are still trying to figure this out. Please can you run the command

cryosparcm eventlog PX JY

for a failed job and post the output.