CTFFIND expert options toggle does not work (v2) [Bug]

Hi,

There is a toggle on the CTF estimation job settings for accessing expert options for CTFFIND4. The toggle does not appear to have any effect - no additional options appear during building or execution of the job.

Cheers
Oli

Just from usage of ctffind4 outside cryosparc2 - doesn’t this just control whether “resample micrograph if pixel size too small” is passed on to ctffind? :slight_smile:

Cheers,

J

That is true if the input is an aligned average, but not if it is a stack - if you supply movies, it allows you for example to input parameters for correction of anisotropic magnification distortion (and I think there might be some other expert options that appear depending on previous input, though I’m not 100% on that)

Regardless, the toggle doesn’t seem to have any effect at present, so it should either be removed if it is considered unnecessary or fixed so that it does something, IMO

Cheers
Oli

1 Like

@olibclarke I believe in the next update this is changed/fixed though not sure exactly what the new behaviour is. Also should be updated to the latest version of CTFFIND. We also have a wrapper for GCTF coming out.

1 Like

Hi @olibclarke,

The expert toggle is now fixed for micrograph inputs as of v2.4.

1 Like