cryoSPARC v2 user accounts

Hello,

Is the only way to add users to cryoSPARC v2 through the cli? If this is true, this becomes a real issue for us. We have created a generic user unprivileged user to run cryoSPARC v2 that no one other than the systems administrators (ie me) can log in to. So that could create some headaches.

Hi,

A web-based user management system will be included in an upcoming release. Stay tuned!

- Suhail

Hi Suhail,

Is there a timetable for this feature to be released? I’d also settle for the ability for a user to reset their password so as the administrator I could generate their account and tell them to just do and reset it.

Hi Christopher,

The user management system will be included in the next release (v2.1) which will be out next week.

- Suhail

1 Like

Hi
I have the new version (2.1) how can I manage users with it? I can’t see any feature for this?

Thanks,

2 Likes

The docs imply this has already been implemented (https://cryosparc.com/docs/reference/install/), but I can’t see it in the web app either, or any guidance on how to do so via the CLI… @sdawood is this coming in 2.2 or is it already there?

1 Like

@olibclarke @sdawood

I just updated to v2.2 and see no indication that this has been implemented. And I did not see it in my albeit brief reading of the release notes.

Hi,

Sorry for the confusion and the delay to reply. We were planning to release the web-based user management system for v2.2 but ran into some edge cases that needed to be resolved. The feature is coming and will be included in an upcoming release!

- Suhail

Any idea when the upcoming release will be available?

Hi! Just wanted to update this thread in case anyone is searching for this now. We’ve added a user management system to cryoSPARC’s interface, you can read more about it here.

1 Like