If possible I would like to have a feedback regarding the architecture of my workstation and how I have done the CryoSPARC installation and how to arrange the project directories. The characteristics of the workstation:
- 4xGPU Nvidia RTX-2880Ti (11GB)
- 16x32GB DDR4 2933mHz ECC REG
- 1xSSD Samsung 970 PRO 1TB M.2 NVMe 2280 PCIe 3.0 x4 (boot Centos7)
Sequential Read: 3500 MB/s, Sequential Write: 2700 MB/s,
Random Read (4KB): 500000 IOPS, Random Write (4KB): 500000 IOPS
- 1xSSD Intel D3 S4610 Series 3.8TB 6Gb/s 2,5 7mm TLC (scratch)
Sequential Read (up to) 560 MB/s Sequential Write (up to) 510 MB/s
Random Read (100% Span) 96000 IOPS Random Write (100% Span) 42000 IOPS
- 3xHD 14TB, SATA 6 Gb/s 7200rpm 3,5 256MB
I have installed the master and the worker in the 3.8TB SSD (/ssd/cryosparc) which I also use as ssd scratch. I usually have the raw cryoEM movies that I am processing in the 14TB HDD and planning to place the directory of the running project in the 3.8TB SSD (/ssd/cryosparc/projects), and then move it to the HDD once I am done with the processing.
Do you think this configuration is ok, or may I change something?
Thank you very much in advance.