Changing Project Directories following Updating Hardware and Reinstalling cryoSPARC

Hello cryoSPARC Community,

I recently updated the hardware of our Linux machine and reinstalled the latest version of cryoSPARC. As part of this process, I transferred over all the related project directories and database from backup storage, allowing me to view all existing jobs in the web interface.

However, I now need to change the working directories for each project to the new location so that I can continue working on previous projects. Unfortunately, I didn’t archive or detach projects prior to backing up the database/project directories so I am unable to follow the guidance as detailed in the Guide for V4.

Is it possible to still use a method such as this:
cryosparcm cli "update_project('PXX', {'project_dir' : '/new/abs/path/PXX'})" (Where 'PXX' is the project UID and '/new/abs/path/PXX' is the new directory) as described in V3 user guides given that was the version the external back-ups were from?

Could someone kindly provide guidance on how to change the working directories for each project to the new location within cryoSPARC? Any insights or step-by-step instructions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

The method you proposed:

cryosparcm cli "update_project('PXX', {'project_dir' : '/new/abs/path/PXX'})"

might be the best method for this particular edge case and when the project directory name matched the project UID. Note that a match between project directory name and UID does not apply for projects created in CryoSPARC v4+.