Beamtilt import cannot find XML

hi all,

using CS 4.4 and trying to import the XML files from EPU. I am following the tutorial “EPU AFIS Beam Shift Import” but when I try to import the XML files it gives the error below. The files are definitely present, so it’s confusing.

This is the first time I’ve done this using EPU XML files so perhaps I did something wrong. However, I do have the same number of xml files are I have mics/movies, opening up one of the files it looks about correct.

thanks!

assert len(all_xml_abs_paths) > 0, "No XML files match! Please check the XML metadata path parameter and ensure that XML files are present."
AssertionError: No XML files match! Please check the XML metadata path parameter and ensure that XML files are present.

Hi @orangeboomerang,

I have followed up via DM.

Best,
Michael

hi Michael, thanks for the DM. Thought I’d post here the reply. I ended up solving the problem, but it’s still a bit confusing to me. The xml files were located on an archive part of our cluster setup. I was able to navigate to those files within cryosparc so I assumed the permissions were fine, but then based on the error it looked like it was not seeing any xml files. So I moved the xml files to a different part of the cluster and it works now. Weird.

Also, in the tutorial for clustering it is shown in the screenshot that “split outputs by exposure group” is turned on, but I did not see it mentioned in the main text. So I turned it on, and the output, not surprisingly, has about 60 output groups. I’m guessing it is fine to instead turn that option off then simply drop the single exposure group into subsequent jobs?

thanks for your hard work!

Jesse

the split by output group is only necessary if you want to use an individual subset of micrographs (e.g. corresponding to one particular image shift group) for some purpose - this is not usually needed.

2 Likes