Beam tilt refinement?

Hi @marino-j,

@olibclarke is correct, please see the tutorial here:

Also, importing RELION 3.1 .star files is supported, but the data_optics table is not converted to cryoSPARC conventions at the moment.

Thank you ! So we should not worry about dividing the dataset into optic groups, as it happens in Relion instead, right ?

Hey @marino-j,

I just realized that even though the rlnOpticsGroup key is included in the data_particles table, the value isn’t converted into cryoSPARC’s exposure groups value. So unfortunately, if you made optics groups in Relion, they won’t be transferred to cryoSPARC when you import your .star file. For the time being, you can use the “Exposure Group Utilities”, found under the “Utilities” section of the Job Builder.
A full tutorial on how to use it is in the link I provided above, and an explanation of it’s parameters are here:

I have just pushed a fix for this bug, which will be released in the next version of cryoSPARC. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Hi Stephan, I just want to clarify on how/whether we can best implement beamtilt refinement in csparc for images collected in leginon. I have beam tilt class and angles in the star file, but that won’t be imported, right? Could I append that class # to the file name and use the exposure group utilities token to separate groups?

Would it make sense to get the beam tilt groups into your particle name in the star file and rename your particle files accordingly, then use the split/string slice in exposure group utilities to split them into groups?

I think that should work yes