Average Power Spectra

I ran an average power spectra job given as input 18 selected 2D class averages and the corresponding particles. In return I got only 10 power spectra. Is there a limit in the number of average power spectra that can be calculated in one job run? (the job is labeled as completed)

I also noticed that the resulting images (real space 2D class averages and power spectra) are not labeled. I assume that they are in order so that first power spectrum (going in order left to right and from top to bottom) correspond to the first class and so on. if possible adding labels to these images to facilitate their identification would be nice feature to add.

Thanks

Hi, there are only 10 PS displayed in the log file, but if you open the mrc stack in the corresponding job folder it will contain all the 18 PS. And yes, the order of PS and real space 2D class averages in the log file is the same. Agree with you that a better labeling, as well as keeping the order of the original 2D classes would be useful for this job.

1 Like

Hi @hsosa,

Thanks for the post. @adesfosses beat me to it – Average Power Spectra only plots 10 power spectra in the event log but the full dataset will be processed and written to the outputs of the job directory. In fact we recommend only using the outputs from the job directory, rather than the images from the event log, as the event log images may be compressed. The JX_power_spectra.cs file will contain the metadata associated with each power spectrum: this includes the uid of the class average that generated it, as well as the sample spacing in 1/Å, the path to the mrc file, and the index of the power spectrum in the mrc file. This is described in more detail in the job’s guide page.

Loading, viewing, and generating high-resolution PNG images from these images can be done via CryoSPARC Tools. A similar example of loading high-resolution 2D class template images is covered here, and much of the code here can be used to load/view the outputs of Average Power Spectra.

Best,
Michael