Assertion error of 3D mesh prep job

Currently with cryosparc v4.1.1, really like the reworked GUI. There is, however, an issue with the 3D flex mesh prep job.

Specifically, when I provided an input mask to the 3D mash prep job, the job would fail. From the output, it seems there is a bug in the cryosparc source code because 2.0775 equals 2.0775

error message below:

[CPU: 201.8 MB]
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “cryosparc_master/cryosparc_compute/run.py”, line 93, in cryosparc_compute.run.main
File “cryosparc_master/cryosparc_compute/jobs/flex_refine/run_meshprep.py”, line 69, in cryosparc_compute.jobs.flex_refine.run_meshprep.run
AssertionError: Input mask psize 2.0775 and input volume psize 2.0775 do not match

Hi
I got into trouble in the same manner (in my case, psize = 1.6980)
I also noticed that the python file in the path (cryosparc_master/cryosparc_compute/jobs/flex_refine/run_meshprep.py) does not exist.

if I tried to automatically mask creation with the mesh-prep job, It worked.
But, my target is a membrane protein and I wanted to focus on my receptor without micelle contents.

Please check this one
Thank you!

I also encountered this problem. I prepared an input mask by myself with relion_mask_create.
The pixelsizes of the consensus volume and the solvent mask are both 1.56666648388 (as recorded in MRC header), but the assertion error was raised.

[CPU: 202.2 MB]
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “cryosparc_master/cryosparc_compute/run.py”, line 93, in cryosparc_compute.run.main
File “cryosparc_master/cryosparc_compute/jobs/flex_refine/run_meshprep.py”, line 69, in cryosparc_compute.jobs.flex_refine.run_meshprep.run
AssertionError: Input mask psize 1.5667 and input volume psize 1.5667 do not match

The strange thing is that in another project this assertion was not raised, although I had prepared the solvent mask in the same manner (in this case the pixel size was 1.58624994755).

This should have be fixed in v4.3. Thanks!

1 Like