Ab initio classification: "all particles must have the same data sign"

Hi all,

I’m having an issue with running Ab initio classification on a combined particle stack.
I merged few particle stacks together using “Particle sets” tool, and then tried running “Ab initio reconstruction” on them, which resulted in:

[CPU: 877.1 MB]  Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/opt/cryosparc/cryosparc_worker/cryosparc_compute/jobs/runcommon.py", line 1844, in run_with_except_hook
    run_old(*args, **kw)
  File "cryosparc_worker/cryosparc_compute/engine/cuda_core.py", line 131, in cryosparc_compute.engine.cuda_core.GPUThread.run
  File "cryosparc_worker/cryosparc_compute/engine/cuda_core.py", line 132, in cryosparc_compute.engine.cuda_core.GPUThread.run
  File "cryosparc_worker/cryosparc_compute/engine/engine.py", line 993, in cryosparc_compute.engine.engine.process.work
  File "cryosparc_worker/cryosparc_compute/engine/engine.py", line 42, in cryosparc_compute.engine.engine.EngineThread.set_data_preparation
AssertionError: All particles must have the same data sign.

I’m runnning 4x2080 Ti with cuda_11.4.r11.4/compiler.30521435_0 and Ubuntu 18.04.

1 Like

This requirement must be fulfilled independently of the Particle Sets Tool. What are the upstream histories of the particle stacks?

Perhaps it was a combo of some with local motion correction and some without…? Data sign inversion on local motion correction? - #2 by wtempel

1 Like

I have processed different conformational states of a protein from datasets collected at different times, and then made an attempt to work with them jointly. I linked NU-refinement jobs to a new workplace, and then used particles after NU-refinement as input for Ab-initio classification.

Oh, that’s actually true! One of them is after the local motion correction, and other 3 are without.
I have little idea why would that matter though🤔

See the link in previous comment

1 Like