Just trying some 3Dflex and from the tutorial I could not work out how to run Flex training with 3DVA-derived coordinates as an input varible.
What is the workflow/order of operations required? I’ve already done my 3DVA and 3DVA display (in the 3 different output types).
Do I take my particle stack and volume from the 3DVA job and prepare these with Flex data prep, and then use these prepared particles as input? Will they keep the 3DVA-derived coordinate info if i do this?
Welcome to the forum! To initialize flex training from 3DVA latent coordinates, you can do the following:
- (If not done already) Run a 3D Flex Data Prep job using the particles & volume from the source refinement job
- (If not done already) Run a 3D Variability job using the particles & volume from the same source refinement job
- Create a 3D Flex Training job, then:
- Connect the Prepared particles from 3D Flex Data Prep to 3D Flex Training.
- Connect the Flex Mesh from the Flex Mesh Prep job to 3D Flex Training.
- While still building the 3D Flex Training job, navigate to the Outputs tab of the 3D Variability job. Drag/drop the specific
components_mode_x groups under the “All particles” output, into the
components_mode_x input of the particles group in the 3D Flex Training job.
- Set the “Initialize latents from input” parameter to True
- Set the “Initialize latents input indices” to a comma separated list of component numbers (i.e. the set of
x values in
components_mode_x that were connected to the 3D Flex Training job)
If done correctly, you should see something in the event log looking like:
Input particles already have associated latent coordinates.
Parameter "Initialize latents from input" was set. Initializing latent coordinates from input.
"Initialize latents input indices" was specified. Using input components [0, 1, 2]
Here, I used the first 3 components (0, 1, and 2) from 3DVA.
Ah I was missing the drag+drop part. Got a few things to try now.