Relink existing micrograph to movie

My apologies, by “connect motion-corrected micrographs instead of movies”, I meant in the cryosparc-tools script, not the reference motion job! From the rest of your message, I can see you did not do this.

In your Python script, rather than specifying the “Import Movies” job UID for old_import_movies_job_uid, specify the UID of the Patch Motion or Patch CTF job that you connected to your Reference Motion job.

Replace the “imported_movies” output name with either “micrographs” or “exposures”, the output name of the parent job.

Replace both lines that begin with slots= with this:

slots=["movie_blob", "gain_ref_blob", "rigid_motion"]

Then before the final save_output call, do something like this:

movies_dset["rigid_motion/frame_end"][:] = <INSERT FRAME COUNT MINUS ONE HERE>

Note that I have not tested these suggestions, so results may vary. Please continue posting if you encounter any more errors.

@nfrasser , thank you very much for your help!

I now understand your suggestion. As you outlined, I have tried using the “patch motion correction job” as the input for the external job. In short, it worked-- the “reference based motion correction” can now run, at least for computing the cross-validation scores. I will report later whether the job can successfully finish.

FYI, I had additional issues with this approach. Namely that new movies are not complete and the initial “patch motion correction” had failed jobs. Thus, there are exposures in the new folder but not in the “patch motion correction” and vice versa. Using python, it seems possible to locate the common files and limit the output to these files. cryosparc-tools is great!

1 Like

The “reference based motion correction” job is now doing the final local motion correction.

However, the plots for “FCC model fit” and “empirical dose weight” appear blank (below). Is this a bug for Falcon4 eer file? Are there ways to check whether the “FCC model fit” is in place?

FCC plot

FCC model fit

empirical dose weight

@nfrasser, the job finished. But the reconstructed particles are wanky. See the display of particles with RELION below. Do you know what was the cause and how can we fix it?

Hi @sunch, the problem you’ve encountered where the the FCC model fit plot is blank (and everything downstream of that may be nonsensical) is a known issue and will be fixed in the future. It seems to be a property of specific datasets - notice how the last column in the FCC plot is also blank. I’ll respond again when the fix is available.
– Harris

Not sure it’s specific datasets, but specific things done in earlier stages of processing. I see this effect in RBMC if I sample EER data at 2 (8K) but Fourier crop to 4K during motion correction.

Not sure if related but another avenue to investigate.

Great, thank you Harris!