Urgent: user experiments gone

Hello,

When I tried to run a job it kept being queued so I stopped (cryosparc stop, kill mongod pid) and restarted cryosparc (cryosparc start) but all the jobs I’ve done this past week are gone as well as uploaded datasets. I can only see jobs from before the past week. It only happened to my User account. Is there a way to restore the info?

Best,
Dominique

Hi Dominique,

To help us better understand the problem, could you email feedback@structura.bio the contents of the following log files:

cryosparc/run/mongod.stdout
cryosparc/run/meteor.stdout

Also, are you logged in as an admin user?

Hopefully we can get this resolved quickly!

Thanks,
Suhail

Hello Suhail,

Thank you for responding so quickly. I have sent the log files. No I am not an admin user.

Best,
Dominique

Hi Dominique,

After taking a look at the log files you sent, there doesn’t seem to be an issue with the web application or the database. Stopping cryoSPARC and the database followed by restarting cryoSPARC shouldn’t result in any data loss. (Note: even if the jobs and datasets do not appear in the web application, they will still be available in the file system)

To get the jobs and datasets to be visible in the web app, try restarting cryoSPARC again. If you still don’t see your data, try logging in as an admin user (the first user account of your cryoSPARC installation should be an admin). Admins are able to see everyone’s data by setting this filter (for experiments) and toggling the button (for datasets):

Hope this helps!

Suhail

Hello,

I started running jobs again on the account that was missing things before because the administrator could not see the jobs. But now I noticed that I have two accounts with the same e-mail. Whenever I start up cryosparc I do not know which account I will get. It seems to get stuck on one when I want to use another. I noticed there is also two administrator accounts with the same e-mail. Would deactivating the license in the undesired account keep it from opening? or would that cause problems with the account I want to keep? I think this may have happened one of the times that the install was reconfigured with initial when there were problems. At the time I wasn’t using cryosparc and just made a new account when prompted. So I didn’t notice this problem before.

Best,
Dominique

1 Like