Star or tag jobs [feature request]

Hi,

Large workspaces with many different jobs (and many different possible workflows explored) can rapidly become hard to sort and manage. I would love to have the possibility of “starring” or adding tags to particularly important jobs so I can easily recognize them later (even better if the tags are search/filterable).

Cheers
Oli

2 Likes

(in general a LIMS like system for more readily managing projects, and adding/viewing metadata etc would be greatly beneficial)

I was thinking about this today and I agree 100%. I love how easy managing workflows is in CS compared to other software, I find this a big plus but being able to marking important jobs with a tag would be a cherry on the cake. :wink:

Hi @ClaudiaKielkopf and @olibclarke,

Good news - we’re developing this feature (ability to star and tag projects, workspaces and jobs) and it will be released soon (most likely v2.14)

Thanks!
- Suhail

1 Like

Hi Suhail,

I see there is now the capacity to sort by date and title in workspaces - this is a great step! It is still hard to find a specific job in a big workspace, though.

If there was an option to have the jobs viewable in a list view, with columns corresponding to e.g. resolution, date, etc, this would make finding a job a lot easier, or otherwise having some kind of search function within a workspace would help a lot. Being able to add stars or tags would also help.

The sort by title is useful, but the title is only listed on the right-hand pane, so you can only see it for one job at a time - maybe it is worth thinking about how to include more information in each job card in the main pane to make it easier to find the job one is looking for? The thumbnails are great but they take up a lot of space relative to the information they convey.

Cheers
Oli

Hi @olibclarke,

Thanks for the feedback! The addition of the extra sort options in v3.2 was a quick fix we implemented to make it a bit easier to look for the right project/workspace/job. There’s still a huge update to the app coming out (was originally v3.2 but we wanted to get a bunch of fixes out in a separate update, which is now the latest version) in our next release. We’ll share more information very soon!

- Suhail

1 Like

Fantastic, looking forward to it!!