Particle subtraction error (v2.2)

It’s definitely failing - I’ve confirmed by running a 2D classification job, and the nanodisc I am trying to subtract is still clearly there (whereas it can be subtracted very effectively using relion). Does signal subtraction not work when starting from a non uniform refinement job, maybe?

One thing I have noticed is that particles imported from relion into cryosparc show up as white-on-black with earlier versions of v2, but black-on-white with newer versions of v2. Could this have something to do with it? I am starting from a refinement job created in an earlier (prerelease) version of v2.

Cheers
Oli

Hi @olibclarke ,

As far as I know, the change should have only been in the plots - though you might be right about the datasign of the particles causing this. We’ve tried Particle Subtraction starting from NU-Ref jobs, and they’ve been working for us so that’s not the issue.

I also might be something specific to the dataset you’re working on. What does the nanodisc look like in the refined volume? It would be helpful if we could take a look at the volume & a subset of the aligned particles to diagnose the issue.

Best,
Ali