How to remove intermediate maps/masks?

Hi,

Is there any good way to delete intermediate map/mask files? During processing, a lot of intermediate maps/masks were generated that consume a lot disk space, and how can I clean these files but only keep the data of the last iteration? Thanks a lot.

Bests,
Xing

1 Like

Hi - I just wanted to follow up with this question and was wondering what was the best way to reduce the disk space used by CryoSparc (both to reduce the space of on-going projects, and those finished)? I think there used to be a disk cleanup procedure for v0 but can’t find it in the v2.5.0.

Thanks,
Nicolas

1 Like

Hi @ncoudray,

This feature will be re-introduced in the next release of cryoSPARC.

Regards,
Suhail

1 Like

Great, thanks for the feedback

Hi,

I just wanted to follow up on this - I haven’t seen it in the latest releases. Did I miss it? Meanwhile, what is the best way to clean and remove intermediate files without losing important ones or messing up with the database?

Thanks,
Best,
Nicolas

1 Like

Hi @ncoudray,

We want to ensure this feature works well so it’s taking a bit longer for us to test out every case. At the moment, we are in the final stages of testing.

Thanks for your patience!

- Suhail

Hi,
I tried to follow this and I still can’t find it. Did I miss it? Is there a simple operation to clean many intermediate results in iterative jobs like the “gently clean & harshly clean” command in Relion?

In the right “details” part, which could also be “job builder” part, there is an option to clear intermediate results. If you have not selected a workspace yet, this option pertains to the entire project. if you have clicked a single job it pertains to that single job. In practice it does not clear very much data, the best way to reduce disk usage is to manually delete large unnecessary jobs like micrograph/movie/particle imports that weren’t used or won’t be revisited, extraction jobs of the wrong box size etc. You can manually list the J#s by size in your data architecture to see the biggest offenders.

Thanks a lot ! But I see the deleted jobs’ directory still exist in my disk and I need to manually delete these jobs’ directory.By the way, if a job was deleted accidentally, is there a way to recover it since I didn’t see a Trash directory as in Relion to do recovery?

Best wishes!

It is expected that the nearly empty job directory is left behind after deletion of a cryoSPARC job. Please consider deletion of a job carefully because we have not implemented an UNDO for job deletion.

2 Likes