Error in importing particle stack from.mrc file

I am trying to import the particle stack from one of the .mrc file I have. However, I am running into the following error. I also tried with .mrcs format with no luck. I use the same path for Particle meta and data paths: /home/sjantre/cryosparc/particles_10076.mrc

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "cryosparc_master/cryosparc_compute/run.py", line 93, in cryosparc_compute.run.main
  File "/home/sjantre/cryosparc/cryosparc_master/cryosparc_compute/jobs/imports/run.py", line 337, in run_import_particles
    assert False, "Cannot import file of type %s " % ext
AssertionError: Cannot import file of type mrc

Welcome to the forum @sjantre.

MRC is not a supported file formant for Particle meta path. Do you have metadata in star format?
The correct input parameters for particle import depend on the origin of the particles_10076.mrc file. How did you prepare or otherwise obtain that file?

I generated the 2D projection images from 3D electron density map of a protein in Python NumPy and used mrc.write(‘particles.mrcs’,simulated_data,is_vol=0) from CryoDRGN software (mrc.write command link is here.)

for import of the particle images to CryoSPARC, you will need, in addition to the mrc file(s), a “star” file with some minimal information. The format of the required star file, which needs to contain particle index, data path(s) and ctf parameters, has been discussed in the context of another simulation exercise.

1 Like