About re-extracting particles from unbinned mics

Hi - probably this has been discussed already but did not find it. Is there a way to re-align only those movies that contain a final stack of particles, so that I can re-align without binning ? I have currently a stack of 500K particles and a pixel size of 1.3, but I could go to 0.65 pixel size if I did not bin during motion correction. Would this be any beneficial ?

Many thanks !
Jacopo

sorry, in other words, is there anything like “reassign particles to movies”, instead of “reassign particles to micrographs”. This way one could have as output movies that could be re-aligned (this time without binning), and those mics would the be connected to the particle stack of interest.
Many thanks

This might not be the most straight-forward, but could you convert your particles into a star file (csparc2star.py) and then re-import, this time connecting your new (unbinned) movies, then re-extract? Probably needs some scaling of _rlnCoordinateX/Y (startool.py) to reflect the change of particle coordinates in pixels.

thanks for the suggestion, but I am not sure this can work because the new micrographs will have a different name, I guess.

Hm, I’d thought that the name of the micrograph stays the same, just the path/job number would be different. And the job number is not queried when you reconnect during Import of particles:

e.g.:

Attempting to find corresponding filenames in rlnMicrographName and connected input micrographs…
[CPU: 276.3 MB] Example source micrograph filename:
[CPU: 276.3 MB] sample1_patch_aligned_doseweighted.mrc
[CPU: 276.6 MB] Example query micrograph filename:
[CPU: 276.6 MB] sample1_patch_aligned_doseweighted.mrc