ValueError: total size of new array must be unchanged

Hi,

I am receive the following error, first on the last interation of a 2D Classification run, then again during the first iteration of another 2D Classification run.

Any advice on how to troubleshoot?

Best,
~Mimi

Traceback (most recent call last): File “cryosparc2_compute/jobs/runcommon.py”, line 705, in run_with_except_hook run_old(*args, **kw) File “cryosparc2_worker/cryosparc2_compute/engine/cuda_core.py”, line 92, in cryosparc2_compute.engine.cuda_core.GPUThread.run File “cryosparc2_worker/cryosparc2_compute/engine/cuda_core.py”, line 93, in cryosparc2_compute.engine.cuda_core.GPUThread.run File “cryosparc2_worker/cryosparc2_compute/engine/engine.py”, line 824, in cryosparc2_compute.engine.engine.process.work File “cryosparc2_worker/cryosparc2_compute/engine/engine.py”, line 53, in cryosparc2_compute.engine.engine.EngineThread.load_image_data_gpu File “cryosparc2_compute/particles.py”, line 108, in get_original_real_data return self.blob.view().T.copy() # TODO!!! All the particle code assumes x is slow axis! WRONG! File “cryosparc2_compute/blobio/mrc.py”, line 99, in view return self.get() File “cryosparc2_compute/blobio/mrc.py”, line 96, in get data = n.fromfile(file_obj, dtype=self.dtype, count= n.prod(self.shape)).reshape(self.shape) ValueError: total size of new array must be unchanged

Hi Mimi,

I am getting the same error. Did you figure out what is the problem?

Thanks,
Elena

Hi,
I am also getting the same error. Did you figure out what is the problem?

Hi Everyone,

Is it possible if you can post more information about the jobs (I’m a bit interested in the inputs to the 2D Classification job). You can follow the guideline here for tips:

Did anyone figure out how to resolve this error? I seem to be having the same issue.
Thanks, Eliza

@prangley, @Elad, @zehre, @mimilinh

Are you still having this type of issue in any projects? We have potentially narrowed down the bug to the case where micrographs were imported from multiple different directories (e.g. you ran two different import jobs and then combined the micrographs together for processing including particle extraction). Was this the case when you were seeing these errors?

EDIT: If the above situation did cause these errors, a fix has been released in cryoSPARC v2.15.0. Unfortunately, this means re-running Motion Correction in this version of cryoSPARC in order to re-write the overwritten files.

Please let us know.
Thanks!